Some questions to help you determine 9 aspects of Business Model Canvas. Also can help you digging more business idea based on existing business model.
Who are we creating value for?
- For whom are we creating value?
- Who are our most important customers?
- Mass Market
- Niche Market
- Multi-sided platform
What value do we deliver to the customer?
- What value do we deliver to the customer?
- ?Which one of our customer’s problems are we helping to solve?
- ?Which bundles of products and services are we offering to each Customer Segment?
- ?Which customer needs are we satisfying?
- “Getting the Job done”
- Brand / Status
- Cost Reduction
- Risk Reduction
- Convenience / Usability
How do we reach our Customer Segments?
- Through which Channels do our Customer Segments want to be reached?
- How are we reaching them now?
- How are our Channels integrated?
- Which ones work best?
- Which ones are most cost-efficient?
- How are we integrating them with customer routines?
- Awareness – How do we raise awareness about our company’s products and services?
- Evaluation – How do we help customers evaluate our organization’s Value Proposition?
- Purchase – How do we allow customers to purchase specific products and services?
- Delivery – How do we deliver a Value Proposition to customers?
- After Sales – How do we provide post-purchase customer support?
What type of relationships do our Customer Segments expect?
- What type of relationships do our Customer Segments expect us to establish and maintain them?
- Which ones have we established?
- How are they integrated with the rest of our business model?
- How costly are they?
- Personal assistance
- Dedicated Personal assistance
- Automated Services
What value are our customers willing to pay for?
- What value are our customers willing to pay for?
- For what do they currently pay?
- How are they currently paying?
- How would they prefer to pay?
- How much does each Revenue Stream contribute to overall revenues?
- Asset sales
- Usage fee
- Subscription Fees
- Lending / Renting / Leasing
- Brokerage fees
- Fixed pricing or Dynamic pricing
What Key Resources do our Value Propositions require?
- What Key Resources do our Value Propositions require?
- Our Distribution Channels?
- Customer Relationships?
- Revenue Streams?
Types of resources
- Intellectual (brand, patents, copyrights, data)
What Key Activities do our Value Propositions require?
- Problem solving
Who are our Key Partners?
- Who are our Key Partners?
- Who are our Key Suppliers?
- Which Key Resources are we acquiring from partners?
- Which Key Activities do partners perform?
Motivation for Partnerships
- Optimization and economy
- Reduction of risk and uncertainty
- Acquisition of particular resources and activities
What are the important costs inherent in our business model?
- What are the important costs inherent in our business model?
- Which Key Resources are most expensive?
- Which Key Activities are most expensive?
Is Your business more:
- Cost Driven (leanest cost structure, low price value proposition, maximum automation, extensive outsourcing)
- Value Driven (focused on value creation, premium value proposition)